Our baby boy was born on September 5, weighing in at 8 pounds, 15 ounces. The past few days have been a blur but here are some of my random thoughts on motherhood so far.
- Labour and delivery - not as bad as I expected. I honestly did not believe that I would be able to do it and that a c-section would happen. It was surprisingly quick and not that bad. From feeling really painful contractions to having him in my arms took only four and a half hours. When I think back on the process, I am still in awe that I did it!
- Breastfeeding - I told everyone I'd try it because I know it's better for everyone involved but again, deep down, I felt I could never do it. Well, this little guy took to it immediately and started feeding right away. He hasn't stopped yet. He is a hungry monkey who eats all the time! So I guess I'm breastfeeding!
- Losing 20 plus pounds in a weekend is awesome!
- I can see my feet!
- My husband is amazing. He is the best baby soother, diaper changer, drink and snack bringer ever. He heads back to work on Thursday and I don't know how I am going to do it without him.
- I never knew I could be so tired but so happy.