Friday, March 12, 2010

Life



Blouse: Forever 21
Cardigan: J Crew
Skirt: The Bay
Shoes: Naturalizer
Earrings: Joe Fresh

I know yesterday I said I wanted to wear some spring colors but life got in the way and black is an easy color to grab in the morning. I am facing a house that is a disaster zone! We have a very old house with one very small old bathroom. We are renovating said bathroom and right now it looks like this.


Gross, eh. I just keep thinking about the end result and how all the problem will be worthwhile.

Speaking of life and disasters, there was bad news at school today. One of our students unexpectedly passed away last night. I did not know her but it still is very sad to think of someone so young passing away so needlessly. I know many of her friends and it was heartbreaking to see them experience such a tragic event when they are only 15 years old. Sometimes I forget about the problems some of my students face in their lives outside school; it seems as if some have so many things working against them.

It's been a long and tiring day. . .

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your student...so terrible!

    I do like your look for today and the pink makes it more spring-y :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the student. I know so many kids are having troubles, it is so sad.

    I really do like your look today! The pink is a nice transition to spring without being too early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kathy and eek. It's been a few somber days at school.

    ReplyDelete