Tuesday, March 9, 2010

No More Martin and Osa

I'm so upset because I've just found out that soon there will be no more Martin and Osa.

From Reuters:
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO.N) said on Tuesday it will close all 28 stores in its Martin + Osa clothing chain and the chain's online business.

The 3-year-old chain, which started out aiming for customers in their mid-30s, racked up an after-tax loss of $33 million in 2009, excluding impairment charges, American Eagle said in a statement.

As many of you know, I am a big fan of Martin and Osa. It's one of the few places that has high quality clothing at affordable prices and easily ships to Canada. I don't know where I am going to be shopping at after it is gone. So sad . . .

4 comments:

  1. I really liked them too! It's too bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sadness! I know you are crushed, KDot. You better stock up in the upcoming months! Maybe this will at least mean some ridiculous sales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, too! I didn't buy much because the prices are a bit high, but there's always something I want there. They're a little different and it's a shame to see them go.

    ReplyDelete