Sunday, January 1, 2012

There's a Bird on My Head

December 31, 2011

December 31, 2011

December 31, 2011

Sweater: Old from Costco
Skirt: Joe Fresh
Boots: Naturalizer
Headband: Forever 21

I kept this outfit all black to try to tone down the massive amount of sequins and the large feathers on my head. New Year's Eve is a great opportunity to wear silly stuff on your head. I forgot I had a peacock on my head a couple of time and shocked myself when I looked in the mirror. "Holy crap, there's a bird on my head," was heard just about everytime I walked by a mirror.

I'm actually not a huge fan of New Year's Eve. Too many expectations are put on a night that rarely delivers. Last night, I grumbled about leaving the house but once we got to a friend's house party, I actually had a really good time. It was just a few couples sitting around drinking wine, eating yummy food and watching the World Junior hockey game.

I hope you all had a great night and you have an even better 2012! Happy New Year!

7 comments:

  1. Fun headband :)

    I'm not too big on NYE, either, but I went out for the first time in years last night and had a really, really good time.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking the bird-on-the head!
    Happy 2012 KDot! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving all the black, especially the sequins and headband! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun headband and pretty outfit! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit and particularly the head piece! Sending you my warmest wishes for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this post is about the bird, but I have to say your makeup looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Chris! Sometimes I love the flash. It helps take away all my lovely blemishes. That and a pile of foundation 9that I don't normally wear)

    ReplyDelete