Monday, June 24, 2013

One Dress, Two Flowers

June 20, 2012

Dress: Motherhood Maternity
Shoes: Karen Scott
Flower: J Crew

I wore this dress to my school's graduation last week. The dress didn't fit right around the shoulders and revealed a bit too much of my bra. My quick fix was a lot of safety pins. I used the flower pin (in my school's colors) to hide some of my handiwork.

On the weekend, I wore the same dress to my cousin's wedding. Because this was a longer event and I want ed to feel comfortable all day long (and be safety pin free), I actually sewed the dress to my bra straps. There were absolutely no wardrobe malfunctions.

June 22, 2013

I liked the look of a flower on the dress so much, I used another flower accessory (again from J Crew) and added pearls from RDog and my clutch from Danier Leather.

By the way, that's my dad walking by in the background. We were just hanging around and waiting during the break between the ceremony and reception. RDog went into full paparazzi mode to pass the time.

Grandpere

He caught me and my grandfather. My Grandpere hates to get his picture taken. So of course, I encourage RDog to take as many of Grandpere as possible just to be a pain. I'm sure there were were some French curse words directed towards RDog at some point during the night.  But it was all in fun. My grandfather is a secret sweetie underneath (at least that's what I tell RDog).

No comments:

Post a Comment