Friday, February 11, 2011

Like a Rotten Banana

February 10, 2011

Sweater: J Crew
Tank: J Crew
Skirt: Ricki's
Shoes: Naturalizer

It's a yucky flash photo - I got home really late and there was no light left.

One of my students told me today that I looked like a rotten banana. It stemmed from our conversation yesterday about how I really hate bananas. I hate them so much, I wouldn't let another teacher put his peel in my classroom garbage can (too stinky).

The rotten banana comment was especially amusing because it was said by a deaf student. The classroom was silently working and all of a sudden his interpreter said really loudly, "You look like a rotten banana." I couldn't help but laugh; the student is a mischievous fellow. It's a different experience having an interpreter in my classroom (it's only been a week) but I think it will be a good experience, as long as the student stops comparing me to rotten fruit. :-)

4 comments:

  1. hahaha...hilarious! It's so funny what students compare certain outfits to. I've gotten some interesting comparisons too! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! Rotten bananas wished they looked this good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny. I bet you smell better than a rotten banana.

    Ok, that comment just came across as really creepy. I'll just stick with telling you that you look like a rotten banana. That is a little more rude, but a lot less creppy. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever. Yellow is made for brunettes! I love that cardigan!

    ReplyDelete