Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thumbs Up J Crew

I have needed a new coat for some time now. I also love J Crew. So when the Lady Day Coat went on sale for $99.99, I was tempted to buy it. But the fact that I have never tried on J Crew's outerwear and the coat is final sale, made me hesitate for weeks. I called J Crew's customer service a couple of weeks ago and got the coat's measurements and asked that the final sale be lifted this one time. My request was denied so I didn't buy the coat.

Finally, after agonizing over this darn coat for weeks, this morning RDog told me to just buy the thing. I could just sell it on Kijii (Canada's version of Craigslist) if it didn't fit. So I bite the bullet and ordered this . . .


After submitting my purchase, a survey box popped up. I filled out the survey and in the comment box left pretty much the same story I've told you tonight. I just checked my email and found this note waiting for me.

Hello,

Thanks so much for your feedback provided via our BizRate survey. Your
comments help us shape a continually improving customer experience.

I understand your concern about sizing and have placed notes on your
order allowing the return of the Final Sale coat if it does
not fit. I also wanted you to let you know we will be opening a retail
store in Toronto at the Yorkdale Shopping Centre in early fall of this
year.

If there is anything else I can further assist you with, please feel
free to contact me directly. I have provided my contact information
below for your convenience.

Yorkdale Shopping Centre is a good two days drive away but other than that, yeah, J Crew! I'm now excited for my jacket which should arrive just in time for warmer temperatures.

6 comments:

  1. yay for good CS! And hope that the coat works out for you, it's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coat! I hope you love it. I don't have one myself but have tried it on before and it is incredibly flattering. Can't wait to see what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Way to go J. Crew CS! I bet you will love the coat. I have a couple of J. Crew coats and they are fantastic:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is really amazing! I hope your coat fits, though, so there's no need to take them up on their generous exception!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone. I can't wait until it arrives!

    I was a little peeved today to see that it is now an extra %30 off. 70 dollars - what a steal!

    ReplyDelete