Wednesday, July 18, 2012

BBQ Tuesdays and a Clean Eating Update

July 17, 2012

July 17, 2012

July 17, 2012

Tank: Old Navy
Skirt: J Crew
Bracelets: Gap Factory and Joe Fresh
Shoes: Naturalizer

Note much posting going on around here because I'm not wearing many creative outfits. My days consist of painting, swimming and grocery runs. A tank and a skirt have become my summer uniform. Last night, friends invited us over for BBQ Tuesday  so I upped the ante on my summer uniform and added some sparkles.

Although I was not clean eating last night, I have been doing pretty good with staying healthy. Christine asked for an update on my fitness and clean eating. For the most part, I eat clean. But it is summer and I love BBQs and sausages, so I do enjoy those things when I want. On those days, I try to eat healthy beforehand and super healthy the next day. It's all about balance.

I went super crazy when RDog was on vacation. We went away for a few days and ate lots of restaurant food. I was just gobbling up the fish and chips, crap cakes, lobsters rolls, seafood chowder. I was on a big seafood kick. But after the vacation was done, the next week I went super hard core with the salads, hummus, Greek yogurt and chicken.

As for working out, I still do Jillian Michael's The 30 Day Shred. On days when I have more time, I do her longer video, Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. This is a hard core cardiio workout - I hate doing it but I feel so good afterwards! I've also added a few of Jackie Warner's DVDs into the mix. I really like her Power Curcuit Training. When I started working out about two years ago, I started with 1.5 pound weights. Now I use 8s and need to find some 10s soon. I love finding muscles that didn't exist before. A few years ago, I could flex my arms and not find any muscles. Now I have little guns!

I started seeing a naturpathic doctor which is really neat. I find my family doctor is sometimes really rushed and doesn't talk a lot about nutrition. It's nice to add naturpathic visits into the mix and get professional advice on diet and supplements.

As for my weight, I'm pretty close to my wedding day weight. If I lost five more pounds, I'd be stoked but I'm pretty happy with things right now. RDog laughs at me because he catches me checking out my flat belly . . . a lot. It's great motivation to keep eating healthy and exercising. I don't want to go back to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment