Saturday, August 14, 2010

Can You Guess?



Can you guess what colors will be going in the new house?

I went to Benjamin Moore to pick up some paint swatches of paint colors I've noticed in magazines and blogs to present to RDog for "approval" (I think we both know that I'm going to use the colors I want either way). I didn't realize until I had my little collection of chips, that I am definitely leaning in one color direction.

So the green house is going to become a blue house. It literally is a green house. Green siding, green counter tops, green walls, green trim, green doors. Oh wait, there's a bubble gum pink room and a black room. They were the kids rooms and a striking example of why children should not be able to pick out paint colors. Don't worry; we are not going to go that crazy with the blue.

Are there any paint colors in the blue/gray family that you have used and like? I'm open to recommendations, especially in Benjamin Moore colors. I'm a big fan of BM. I'm going to put their Aura paint to the test. No primer needed, even on black walls? We shall see . . .

5 comments:

  1. I recently painted my daughter's nursery BM Woodlawn blue, and I really love it. It looks great with white trim, but pairs well with many colour schemes. I think it has a nice vintage-y feel to it. GL and congrats on your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I always wanted blue but afraid to commit so lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Aura paint, have used it in every room and even on the front door!
    In the BM grays I love Covington Gray (my dining room). In Behr paint I love Light French Gray which is a gorgeous gray/blue (my bedroom) looks fab at different times of the day and so soothing. Have it made up in BM aura paint.

    Congrats on the new house! Haven't dropped by for awhile looks like I have some reading to do!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice. Blues can be totally modern or traditional depending on what colours you combine with. On the weekend, I drove by a blue house with white trim, black door and shutters and it looked so SHARP. It had cedar shingles and it warmed up the whole look.

    I painted the walls in my condo 3 different shades of blue, all with gray undertones. Light from different times of day transforms the rooms dramatically. Blues are such chameleons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison, Woodlawn Blue is on one of my chips!

    20 York Street, you should give it a try. You can always change it if you don't like the color.

    CK, thanks for the recommendations. I'm really on a grey kick lately. I hope it doesn't become too dated in a few years like beige because I think a lot of our house will be grey. Welcome back. I haven't been posting very much as I think I lost my blogging mojo.

    Closet Crisis, I'm thinking about painting our door black too. It's pink right now and I don't dig that!

    ReplyDelete