Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hot Flash



I think today was the hottest day of the year. It was so hot that my principal declared that we were heading into work earlier in the morning so we could leave earlier in the afternoon before the heat in our school reached gross levels. I work in the third floor of a very old school that lacks air conditioning. It can be unbearable. Tomorrow looks to be just as hot so it has been declared a shorts and flip flops day. No students yet so I'll be breaking out a tank top and shorts for sure.

Today I wore:

Dress: Smart Set
Tank: J Crew
Shoes: Old Navy

Mr. Moth from yesterday has disappeared. He was still attached to the wall this morning. I was amazed to see that he had developed new spots over night. When I returned at the end of the day, he was gone. Hopefully, Mr. Moth is fluttering happily around the woods. I learned yesterday that luna moths only live for seven days. I'm very sad for my poor Mr. Moth. I think the heat has gotten to me as apparently I now give names to bugs.

6 comments:

  1. It's okay. I've even named my car- Meadow.
    Laurel Ann
    http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I named my car too! My Altima is called Alie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so stunning!! Also I name non-human things (and inanimate things more often) all the time, don't worry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Are the flowers attached to the tank? They look perfectly like a pin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are still stylin' even in the heat! I'm liking your new backdrop :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you styled this LBD, it does look like the flowers are pinned but its part of a tank top. Black and green is foolproof, you look (cool)great!

    ReplyDelete