Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dress Envy

June 19, 2012

June 19, 2012

June 19, 2012

June 19, 2012

June 19, 2012

June 19, 2012

Dress: Sears
Shoes: Banana Republic

When my teacher friend (Team J, woot, woot), told me she bought a new dress to wear for prom chaperoning, I immediately felt dress envy. I, too, wanted a new dress. So the day before prom, I set off on my lunch break to find a dress. I only had a few rules; no spaghetti straps, no big price tags and no polyester.

I hit up Sears. I haven't shopped there for years but I figured I could find something well-priced there. My memory failed to remind me that Sears clothing is 95% polyester. There were racks and rack and racks of cheap polyester dresses. Yuck!

I did, however, stumble upon this dress buried in the clearance rack. It is polyester but it doesn't look cheap (at least not to me). Regular $120, it was marked down to $69.99 plus another 25% off. It was still a little bit more than I want to pay though. What can I say, I am cheap! Then I remember my Sears points.

We racked up quite a few Sears points a few years ago, buying a washer, dryer, bed, couches, and a kitchen table. I spent a lot of the points but I thought there might be a few left. I had the cashier check for me and indeed, I had $60 in points saved up.

My dress came to $59.36. Yeah for free dresses!



No comments:

Post a Comment