Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Julep Review

Last month, I joined Julep. It's like the makeup boxes that have been making their way around the blogging world, only this one is for nail polish.

Today, my second box arrived. It was so pretty, I just had to share.

Julep

Everything was packaged so prettily. Yes, those are Pixie Stix - yum!

Julep

Every month, you can pick different "styles" and get a package based on that style. This month, I picked the "It Girl" package because it had three polishes while the other options only had 2 (they included a bottle of sunscreen instead).  I received the colors Sasha, Sandra and Morgan. As a bonus, a lip balm with SPF and a coupon for a free polish next month ere tucked in the box.

You may have noticed that there are no up close shots of my hands on this blog. It's because I'm a nail chewer so my pretty new colors will not make an appearance on my hands. I do, however, paint my toes and can't wait to give these polishes a try.

Last month in my box, I received two polishes; one was a hit, a beautiful gray color that went on smoothly. The other was a yellow that was a chunky monkey. It just didn't go on as nicely as my standard OPI polishes. This month's order will determine whether or not I stay with the service. At $20 a month, it seems silly to keep with it as I am not a huge user of nail polish.

What about you? Have you tried Julep? What's your favorite beauty subscription service?



No comments:

Post a Comment