Monday, August 19, 2013

38 Weeks - And Then Came the Stretch Marks

38 Weeks

38 Weeks

I've been feeling very unpretty lately. RDog and I are trying to do some "last things as a couple" activities. One of of those things was our last trip to the beach as a twosome. We went for a sunset walk Saturday night and RDog got in paparazzi mode. H got some great shots that made me feel a teenie bit pretty again.

How far along: 38 weeks

Development:  My baby app tells me our little monkey is the size of a bunch of celery but I feel that I am growing a much larger baby that that.

Movement: ALL THE TIME. This little guy never stops. On one hand I never really worry about kick counts because if I stop and think to myself, "when was the last time I felt him move?", he will immediately give me a big thump. It's bad because those big thumps hurt. 

Maternity Clothes:  I'm rotating five maternity dresses right now and a couple of skirts and tanks.

Stretch Marks:  The stretch marks have arrived. They started off last week with a few tiny purple marks and expand each day. My stomach is becoming a purple road map and it makes me sad.

Best moment of my week: I've had two great weekends. My parents came up for one last pre-baby visit two weeks ago. Last weekend was spent doing some last activities before parenthood; a movie date, beach walk, marshmallow cookout and pool day with friends.

Worst moment:  A TMI moment; my first cervical check. Ugggg, apparently, I have a sensitive cervix . . . not fun. 

Sleep:  Not so hot lately. The best way for me to sleep lately has been sitting up and that is not an easy feat. 

Miss Anything:  Sleeping

Food Cravings: Popsicles

Aversions:  None

Gender:  Baby Boy

Symptoms: Baby boy is pushing so hard on my stomach, some days I wonder if I am going to bruise.

Belly Button: It's out

Rings:  On - not swollen yet!

Moody or Happy:  Pretty moody. 

Looking Forward: To meeting my little guy. There's a full moon tomorrow night; hopefully that will get something going.

No comments:

Post a Comment