Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Take in the Moment

May 29, 2013

May 29, 2013

May 29, 2013

Sweater: J Crew
Dress: Old Navy Maternity
Shoes: Naturalizer

I'm lucky that my school is fairly close to a few solid lunch restaurant options. My prep period also is right before lunch so sometimes when I finish my to-do list early, I duck out for a quick bite to eat before my students descend on the restaurants.

Today was a beautiful day so I decided that instead of taking my lunch back to my desk, that I'd eat it in the little sandwich shop I go to most often. After lunch, I hit the convenience store across the street to grab a popsicle and then went for a stroll. There are a lot of beautiful older homes in the area so I walked slowly and checked them out (and the gardens and the neighborhood cats too!). Finally I arrived at a park and sat to eat my popsicle. The lilacs are out in these parts so I could smell their perfume and hear the laughter of the children at a nearby middle school. It was such a relaxing moment and it rejuvenated me for the rest of the day.

 I need to do that more often. Too many days I work straight through lunch, take a breather at the end of the teaching day at 4 pm and wonder why I am so darned tired.

Coincidentally, while on my travels, I spied RDog driving to get his lunch and started waving like a madwoman from way down the street. He returned my wave and later said he couldn't miss me, my outfit was so bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment