Friday, July 30, 2010

Betty Draper Hair

July 30, 2010

Cardigan: J Crew
Tank: Old Navy
Skirt: RW&Co
Shoes: Aerosoles
Sunglasses: Burberry

Long time readers will know that I'm obsessed with Mad Men and Betty Draper's style. I've been growing out my hair for the last few months just so I can recreate Betty's fabulous 60's hair style. Today, I gave a Betty hairdo a shot, using this tutorial. It's hard to tell what the end result looks like as my hair is so dark but I think some front sections look Betty Draper-ish but the back is a hot mess. I still have some really short layers that need to grow out. My Betty Draper hair is a work in progress. . .

4 comments:

  1. i love Mad Men too! But not for the fashion inspiration, so much as for the "reality check" on everyone saying stuff about the "good ol' days". Sure everyone looks super slick and put together, but beneath the surface they are just like us modern people, full of angst and seeking love and taking risks and letting off steam in all sorts of ways...phew! that aside, love the light tangerine colour on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am diggin' the longer hair. I don't watch MM but can understand the fascination with it and that time period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree Closet Crisis. People in the 60s were just like us, but they looked sharper.

    Eek, thanks! I figured I should grow it long before it starts turning gray. :P I've found two gray hairs already! EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Retro Heads!

    I entered a contest to win a walk-on role on the most retro-licious TV show ever: MAD MEN!

    But I need your votes to help me win, so please visit my blog or go to http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/EZ3MBH and vote for me!

    Thanks a bunch,
    Marcheline

    ReplyDelete