Tuesday, February 14, 2012

KDot + RDog

Romance is in the air and this couples survey is floating around blog land, so I thought I'd give it a try.

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We have been together just over 11 years.

2. How did you meet?
We met at a bar - yikes.

I was on this thing called a smoker. Basically a bunch of girls from my dorm got in a bus with a lot of alcohol and blacked out windows. The bus took us to an unknown city where we did a pub crawl. I ran into this cute guy who introduced himself by saying, "Hi, I'm a dork." He then shielded me from a bar fight and flying glass.

We discovered he went to high school with one of my good friends. I left on the bus at the end of the night while my friend stayed (breaking smoker rules). She gave him my phone number and the rest was history.

STUformal2000

One of our first real dates.

3. If married, how long have you been married?
We've been married since July 5, 2008.

_H0V3247

4. Where did you get married? Big or small wedding?
We were married in my parents' backyard in Nova Scotia. They busted their butts getting everything perfect. My dad even build a gazebo that housed a string quartet.

_H0V2872

The reception was at a local hotel. There were about 125 guests.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?
I really do call him RDog.

6. 3 things that I love most about RDog.
His patience. The man is a saint - he puts up with me and my crazy habits. His generosity - he is the first to give whatever his friends and family need. His humor - we have so much fun just laughing together about stupid stuff.

7. How did he propose?
RDog is really shy and it took him a long time to dig up the courage to propose. He gave me my ring for Christmas in 2006. It was wrapped up under the tree in a shoe box (to disguise the ring box). When I opened up the box, I kept on saying, "what does this mean, what does this mean?" He gave me a huge tight hug - I think he was too nervous to ask the question. I don't think he ever actually did ask me to marry him, I just started shouting yes.

8. Flowers and teddy bear or strawberries, champagne and rose petals for Valentine's Day?
We'll take wine and video games.

9. What makes 'us' work?
We are best friends and love spending time together.

towelhead

10. Most romantic thing RDog has ever done for me?
We're not really into big gestures. I find the little things he does very romantic. Like when he gets me a class of water because I'm too lazy to get off the couch or when he installed a programmable thermostat in the bathroom so it's not cold when I get up at 6am (I hate the cold).

No comments:

Post a Comment