Monday, October 3, 2011

Devil Shirt

September 30, 2011

Shirt: Old Navy
Jeans: Reitman's
Belt: Land's End
Shoes: Naturalizer

This shirt will forever be known as the devil shirt.

This was the shirt I was wearing the day I was teaching my grade 9 students about run-opn sentences and sentence fragments. I was going old school that day and using an overhead projector. I was leaning over the projector writing down student answers when suddenly the mood of the room changed.

Students started to look at each other; some started giggling. They started getting squirrelly. I sternly (or as stern as I can be) told them to cut it out and on we continued.

It wasn't until later on that day when I realized just what happened.

I was at home and walked by a mirror, glanced over and saw that the sunlight steaming in from the window behind me made my shirt absolutely sheer. Much like the light of an overhead projector.

Devil shirt.

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! That is a fashion/teaching horror story! When I first read devil shirt I thought no way, it's so cute, but that's terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol ohhh dear. Brutal. I can't help but laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed too after I cried and then drank a box of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops - that stinks! I do love the polka dots though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh noooo! I'll bet the memory of their hot teacher is going to be burned into their little warped 9th grade minds forever! ;)

    ReplyDelete