Friday, August 21, 2009

What I Wore Last Night


Wrap Top: Cassis
Skirt: Cassis
Shoes: Karen Scott
Cat: Ruby

Last week I popped into Cassis, a store I really like that is sometimes a bit pricey. They had an extra 50% off their clearance and the sale had just started. Weee! I snagged this skirt, which is my deal of the summer. 100% silk, regular $89, but I got it for $7.50! The top is also silk and was $15. Next time I wear the skirt, I'll play a bit more with color. Of course I farted around too much reading logs yesterday and was rushed getting ready.

I also wore the feathered headband I found at Smart Set yesterday for 25 cents. Excuse my ginormous forehead.


RDog did a little posing last night too. He got really into it, perhaps inspired by my shouting, "Work it, work it," and, "You sexy bitch."

RDog wore:

Shirt: Klaus Boehler
Pants: Gap
Shoes: Feet First
Tie: Hugo Boss
Belt: Lacoste

Hmm, I'm not sure about the belt with that RDog.

We had a yummy dinner and then met up with some teacher friends for drinks. When we got home, I got this:

The inside says, "And frankly, he just didn't match her purse."

So true, so true.

RDog bought me a tripod for my blog picture taking. A subscription to Clean Eating is on its way and so is this; my very own bubble necklace. He follows orders well because it's everything I wanted!

This weekend, we're taking a mini trip away. RDog is pretty busy at work and wasn't able to take a vacation during my summer time off. We had planned on going to Boston during his vacation but will have to make do with a long weekend to Freeport, Maine. We've been before in the winter but never in the summer. It's a really cute village so I am looking forward to exploring it in the nice weather and going to the outlet stores of course! They have all the stores and brands that we don't have here in Atlantic Canada. Our favorites are Banana Republic and Burberry. There is a J Crew outlet but I've always found it to be super expensive for an outlet store. Of course, no trip to Maine is complete without a trip to Target and my favorite junk store, Mardens.

7 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend getaway and Happy Birthday! I love that skirt - what an amazing deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great deal on the beautiful skirt.
    Sounds like a fab mini-vacay. Can't wait to read the report on your shopping finds!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww both of you looked great! I loved the card too!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked fab, KDot! Love the pretty hairband. And good job, there, RDog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Your post cracked me up. Tell RDog he has a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these compliments are going to go to RDog's head. :P

    Thanks ladies. I hope everyone has a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute outfit and what a deal on that skirt! hope you have a wonderful weekend! (and seeing these rdog posts cracks me up :) )

    ReplyDelete