Thursday, May 13, 2010

Take that Mother Nature



Cardigan: Tommy Hilfiger
Skirt: J Crew
Shoes: Old Navy

I'm thumbing my nose at Mother Nature. Sure, it was technically too cold to go bare-legged, but for Pete's sake, it's the middle of May and I'm tired of tights. Unfortunately, I snubbed Mother Nature on a day when I had a half an hour of outdoor duty. Ouch, my legs were cold by the end of it.

Fortunately, a student brought me in a big cup of Tim Horton's coffee this morning. I popped it in the microwave to max its warmth and headed outside at lunch. I huddled on a bench keeping my warm cup of coffee on my legs. It was too cold for me to even yell at the kids who walk randomly in front of cars without looking. Today, I just gave them applause when they managed to figure out the walking symbols and walk across the street when the white walking man sign appeared. So there I was huddled on a bench with a coffee cup pressed to my legs clapping for kids who have learned the ins-and-outs of street crossing when two young ladies walked by and said, "She's so weird." Jeez girls, can you at least wait until you've walked by me to insult me!

4 comments:

  1. fun red shoes! sorry to hear your students don't know you are watching out for their best interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so feelin' you about being tired of wearing tights. My legs get cold easily too, but I'm tired of the winter wardrobe! Your cute outfit (especially those red shoes) inspire me to go ahead and brave the cold. I think I'll break out some bright yellow shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great website! i enjoy looking at all the cute clothes! i have a website too thats kinda like yours! Feel free to check it out too! :)

    styledbynight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete