Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hair Do-dads and Cake

October 25, 2011

October 25, 2011

Skirt: J Crew
Sweater: J Crew
T-shirt: Old Navy
Shoes: Naturalizer

Another hair post coming at you . . .

I tried the sock bun and although I love the look of a bun, the sock way just wasn't cutting it for me. It became too time consuming and too messy. I'm a neat freak so stray hairs sneaking out of my bun drive me crazy.

Enter EBay again. I found this little contraption on EBay and voila; a pretty much flawless bun in a snap. Like yesterday's hair thingy-mo-bobby, I had to wait a few weeks for shipping but it was well worth the 99 cents.

Another new hair thing I tried today was Cake's Refreshing Hair Powder. I have stopped washing my hair everyday, but as I have extremely oily skin on my forehead, my hairline too gets oily. On my non-washing days, I rely on dry shampoo to get me through the day. Sometimes, however, it turns out a bit like this. It makes me look like I have gray hair. Not cool!

The great thing about Cake's powder is that it is tinted so it blends in with my dark tresses. A new favorite is born.

By the way, if you have never tried Cake products, you are missing out. I use pretty much all the stuff. It smells yummy and it paraben free; good for those who have allergies. And no, they're not paying me to say that. I just really like the stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment