Sunday, October 30, 2011

Where in the World is KDot?

October 28, 2011

October 28, 2011

October 28, 2011

Skirt: Old Navy available here
Top: Coscto
Boots: Naturalizer

RDog and I celebrated 11 years of being together this week. Wow, I feel old! We needed a bit of quiet time so we headed for a weekend away.

Can you guess where we went?

Hint, look at the dirt.

No luck?

Ok, here's another hint. Look what's behind me.

October 29, 2011

Ok, that's a hard one for the non-Canadian readers.

It's the Confederation Bridge behind me in Prince Edward Island (the only place around here that has red, red dirt). It is the perfect get away for us. A lot of the touristy summer stuff is closed down for the season but it is still beautiful. There are also many great restaurants to try.

I tried mussels for the first time.

October 28, 2011

The verdict; not fantastically yummy, but I'd eat them again.

Ironically both RDog and I are not big seafood lovers. We live in an area where fresh seafood is so easy to get but we don't eat it very often. We both tried lobster for the first time this summer! I can't believe I went 30 years without eating it! Now I crave it all the time.

It was a great weekend. I really needed to get away and relax a bit.

I hope you all had a good one!

9 comments:

  1. The photos are incredible! You look so chic, especially with the wind in your hair.

    I don't have any desire to try mussels, and lobster isn't my favorite, but I do enjoy shrimp quite a bit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your anniversary! It's great to get away, and you have some pretty awesome spots within easy traveling distance. I have a co-worker from your neck of the woods, who's also not a seafood-lover, so you 2 are not alone. I won't judge ;) You looked like you really enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Natalie. It was really hard to get a shot without a faceful of hair! I love shrimp too, especially coconut shrimp. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Closet Crisis, you have some pretty awesome spots in your neck of the woods too. Someday I'll make it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha- I would recognize those red roads anywhere! Nothing like a crisp autumn getaway on the island- that red is always such a picturesque backdrop!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! You look stylish as always for your getaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Green Dress, I'm so glad someone knew what I was talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love PEI, and those photos are great.
    kDot you are looking really fabulous!
    Happy anniversary to you both.

    ReplyDelete