Friday, July 10, 2009

I heart Mad Men

Today, RDog emailed me this link of Mad Men fashions. I love me some Mad Men and I love the fashions the ladies wear.

The coat in this picture looked very familiar.

I have a very similar one sitting in my closet at my parents' house. My mother found a vintage, 100% cashmere coat at Frenchy's when I was a teenager. I loved it but never had the self confidence to wear it. It was just too different from what other kids were wearing. Now I could rock that baby. I hope, hope, hope it is still hanging in my closet back home.

I also love Betty's huge pearl earrings. I need to go on the hunt for those.

6 comments:

  1. I love the style of Mad Men's too! However, I don't have a "classic" trench. I did drink the Crewlade last year though and purchase their ruffled, belted trench (which I LOVE!)

    Just a quick question, are you from FL? I saw your reference to "Frenchy's" and I was just curious... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Atlantic Canada. Frenchy's is a thrift store chain we have here. I like it because all the clothing is imported from the US so I can find brands we don't have here in Canada.

    What is the Frenchy's in Florida like?
    BTW, Gingersnap, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove Madmen too! & I hope you still have that coat! Makes me want to hunt ebay right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fab - love love love that coat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frenchy's is a restaurant in FL! That's why I sounded so confused! I love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to get these and watch them on DVD! Yummy looks!!

    ReplyDelete