Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Newest want: scarf ring

I've been itching to try out scarfs in my fashion choices. I've been picking up scarves for the past few months, mostly at thrift stores, but I have no idea how to wear them. The one time I did try a scarf, I got teased for looking like a flight attendant. I know on The Purse Forum there are threads dedicated to tying scarfs, but my tying skills are sub-par. That's why I was excited when I found this blog which showcases MaiTai's scarf wear and scarf ring use. I had never heard of a scarf ring before but now I must have one. The scarf ring has convinced me that scarf use is within my reach. But where can I find one?

I hit EBay, my go-to place for looking odd things that I'd never find in local stores. My scarf ring must be gold and simple. No luck with EBay; most are silver, really fussy or really expensive. It was the same story on Etsy. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find a scarf ring?? Any other scarf lovers out there who have lots of scarves but don't know how to wear them?

2 comments:

  1. You will have to search for a while to find a scarfring that is not expensive and won't ruin your scarf. I made one myself with polymer clay. Maybe this is an option?
    Second option. Take a round simple gold-ring as scarf ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea. I will try the ring idea in September when I go back to work and "dressing up".

    ReplyDelete