Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Loving

Although not much is going on fashion wise (I'm basically recycling three outfits now), I'm having a great summer. This is the best I've felt throughout my entire pregnancy. I thought I'd share what I've been up to so far this summer.

Lots of laundry!



I'm such a dork.



I hate having messy stacks of t-shirts and sweaters in my closet so on my first day of vacation, I re-folded everything in the closet using my newly purchased Miracle Folder. And I had fun doing so!

Lots of reading. I'm sticking to pool  reads and baby books.


Baking!


I love having a homemade treat in the house for RDog. He is getting spoiled lately. He gets breakfast made for him every morning and hasn't had to do any house cleaning since I've stopped working. I keep telling him not to get too used to this; things will most likely change when the baby arrives!

Painting. I've actually made a list of all the little things I want to paint over the next few weeks. Again, I"m a dork




First up, were these wooden chairs whose former bright yellow color has been clashing with our house (that we moved into three years ago). Eight dollars worth of paint and an afternoon later, they are a much better match. I should have done that sooner.

This week's painting project; two little tables made by my school's shop class students and the baby's dresser.



I also worked on putting together some favors for my baby shower this weekend.



I used the containers from our wedding candy buffet five years ago. I popped in some Bath and Body Works candles and used some washi tape to add a little color.

Speaking of our five year anniversary, we celebrated with a fancy meal out. :p





 On our actual anniversary, I had two doctor appointments and a ton of errands to run. It was also the hottest day of the summer so far. By the time supper time arrived, I just wanted to veg by the pool so we got some yummy burger takeout to celebrate.

 And lastly, after three years of having an empty living room, we finally have a couch.



Maybe now that our house is finally not looking so bare, I'll actually put together my blog house tour that I've been meaning to do ever since we moved in (three years ago - opps).

No comments:

Post a Comment