Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Moment of Reflection

September 21, 2011

September 21, 2011


Dress: Talbots
Sweater: J Crew
Belt: Danier Leather

Shoes: Naturalizer

Things are going to get a little heavy in here.


Last night while driving home, I was tired (these long days are wearing me down), worried (my car needs some $$$ work) and frustrated (traffic was moving so slow). Then the source of the traffic jam was revealed.


Last Saturday a local teacher was killed in a motor bike accident on the road I take every time I leave my house. It was a bright sunny day. A truck pulled out of my neighborhood gas station and hit him and he was gone. His death has struck a chord in our small city. He was a great teacher and was so young (only 27).

Yesterday was his funeral.
As I drove home today feeling angry in the traffic, I neared the spot where the accident happened (and where the traffic was at a standstill). There were 100s of bikes gathered in tribute and flowers lined the side of the road.

I was overcome with appreciation of all that I have. No matter what problems I face, I am still here. I still have my husband to go home to. I still have my parents and my brother. Those are the most important things.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting things in perspective. It is easy to get caught up in all the negative but it is important to appreciate life and the people in it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tragedies really put things in perspective. God works in ways like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very sad. I am sure his students must be so upset. I hope that you have a peaceful, life-affirming weekend.

    ReplyDelete