Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Greetings

December 23, 2011

December 23, 2011

December 23, 2011

December 23, 2011

December 23, 2011

Sweater: Banana Republic
Pants: Caissis
Necklace: Gift from a student
Booties: Naturalizer

Today was finally my last day of school. It was a half day so many students saw it as an opportunity to stay home and sleep in. I had a great day with the students who did attend.

I was very surprised this year by the amount of students who gave me Christmas gifts. Teaching big kids, that doesn't happen very often. But this year, several of my students gave me really thoughtful gifts, including this beautiful necklace that a student made me. Other gifts included a bag full of homemade goodies (baking and crafts), a cat calendar because I love cats and a blue angel ornament for my new white, blue and purple tree. I have some really sweet students this year!

We also had our Christmas assembly where the whole school (at least those who showed up) gathered in the auditorium to sing carols. It was a great feeling to hear all those teenagers sing and see everyone's happy face.

Yesterday I had to call in sick at the very last minute, literally ten minutes before students were to be in my room. I pulled my back out while brushing my hair - yikes! My chiropractor thinks it was just my body telling me to go on vacation. It's been a really stressful semester! I'm glad I went into school today; it was nice to end the year on a high note at work instead of feeling cranky and irritated at the few disrespectful kids I teach (the way I was feeling for the past few weeks). So many of them are just really good people. It was nice to be reminded of that today.

In other news, it looks like it will be a white Christmas. RDog and I (mostly me) are busy preparing for our Christmas Eve dinner. Then we're looking forward to some family time and relaxation.

We wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

Take care,

KDot

7 comments:

  1. Wow! So beautiful! Your sweater is great - I love that it's double-breasted and the arm cuffs. I am drawn to clothing with special details :)

    Stay warm & Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be a green Christmas here on the west coast. I'm actually nostalgic of my time in Edmonton, seeing all that snow around you! You look fantastic.

    Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A white Christmas was on my wishlist this year. Mr. ABC claimed a few flakes of snow fell in Toronto when he was out earlier today. Apparently I blinked and missed those!

    Your outfit is lovely and the winter background is just beautiful.

    Have a wonderful Christmas KDot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas!

    You look great in white against the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I positively love your outfit and your blog! I'm a new follower! Feel free to pop on over to my blog if you'd like. I'm a teacher, too. Hope you're enjoying winter break!
    http://stylishsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete