Monday, June 10, 2013

28 Weeks

28 weeks

How far along: 28 weeks

Development:  Our little monkey is the size of an iceberg lettuce

Movement: All the time, especially at night. He does not like it when I lay on my side so he usually kicks me to sleep every night.

Maternity Clothes:  Everything is maternity now except cardigans (which I cannot button).

Stretch Marks:  None yet but I  am usually heavily lotioned up.

Best moment of my week:  Feeling a limb move in my belly. Truly freaking but awesome.

Worst moment:  Feeling dizzy and weak some mornings.

Sleep:  Good but I'm back to having crazy vivid dreams. As someone pre-pregnancy barely remembered her dreams, this trips me out sometimes. This week I've dreamt about my job (my maternity leave was used a way to switch me to middle school) and then I had a nightmare about how the whole world was booby-trapped. Both were horrible nightmares!

Miss Anything:  Red wine

Food Cravings: Cupcakes

Aversions:  None

Gender:  Baby Boy

Symptoms: Still struggling with dizziness. I had my prenatal check-up last Friday. Because my doctors rotate, I was able to talk about this with a different doctor (the last one told me to drink gaterade and I don't really like to drink that much sugar). This time we were able to figure out that the dizziness is likely caused by dehydration. It only happens on week-day mornings when I'm rushing around and not taking the time to drink enough water before leaving for work. Sure enough, this morning I made sure to stop and drink two glasses of water before leaving the house. No dizziness!

Belly Button: Slowly moving out

Rings:  On

Moody or Happy:  Pretty happy most of the time. I get a little cranky when strangers make random comments about my body. I still am having a hard time accepting the weight gain and the lack of control I have over my body right now. But I am trying to stay positive and "in the moment". I'm doubtful we will have more children after this so I try to remind myself of that and say, "This is the only time you will ever be 28 weeks pregnant. Enjoy it." I must look pretty miserable as a teacher at school who I don't really talk to came up to me last week and told me she hated pregnancy and it's ok; she loves her kids and it's worth it in the end. It was nice to hear that someone else felt the same way.

Looking Forward: Being done work. I have two more weeks left!

No comments:

Post a Comment