Thursday, May 7, 2009

Patience pays off

A few weeks ago, I spied a lovely yellow beaded cluster necklace at Mexx. I loved it, but at $35, there was no way I was going to buy it. I knew it would eventually go on sale. Last night I had to run into the mall to do some errands and I scored big at Mexx. My precious necklace was marked down to $14.99. Woot, woot. I also had a credit note so it felt like it was free.
I wore my new necklace today and received several compliments. One student eloquently put it, "I like your grape necklace." Now that I think about, some beads do look like grapes. I don't care; I still love it.

It was cold and wet today so I wanted to wear comfy clothes.
Gap Khakis
Dalia cardigan from Coscto
J Crew pleated tank
Martin and Osa tank
Naturalizer moccasins

Now that I look at this picture, I wish I had worn brown shoes instead. I really need to up my shoe style.

4 comments:

  1. Love the necklace, too. I have a chunky yellow one and always get compliments when I wear it. I like to think it adds sunshine to any outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The necklace is great & even better w/the cardi. I love those colors together.

    ReplyDelete