Sunday, May 17, 2009

What I Wore - One Year Ago

My bridal shower was a year ago today. I am a big fan of tea and tea cups so my mother threw me a tea party shower. It was a beautiful day and I had a beautiful dress.

It was a Bob Mackie silk dress that I found at Winners.

It was great day with lots of family and presents! Continuing with the trend of tea cups, a lot of people gave me tea cups from their collection. My grandmother gave me two of the tea cups she received for her shower and my aunt gave me one that once belonged to my great-grandmother. Here is my tea cup collection.

I'm a bit crazy with my dishes. This is my tea cup china cabinet. I have another, larger cabinet for our wedding china and crystal.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, great post!! You looked lovely, as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great thing about blogging-- you have a place to record these memories. Next year you can link to this post. What a beautiful collection of teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress...you look so sweet! I love the idea of the idea of a tea party shower. I love afternoon tea :)

    ReplyDelete