Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dust and Bleach Marks

June 14, 2011

June 14, 2011

Capris: J Crew
Blouse: Land's End Canvas
Sweater: J Crew
Shoes: Keds

Today was a packing and cleaning day so I needed to wear clothes that were appropriate for lots of bending over and climbing (to take my classroom posters down).

The pants were a darker blue in the morning. All day I caught myself wiping my hands on my pants, leaving many dusty hand prints. Such are the perils of taking outfit pictures at the end of the day.

My beloved Keds wedges have been looking a little grimy. The white trim had slowly turned brown. Last night, I had the brilliant idea to take a bleach pen to the grimy parts. Great idea in theory but in reality the grimy white parts are still grimy and the blue part of the shoe now has pink bleach dots.

Way to go KDot. Don't worry, these shoes had a good run and I'm still going to wear them for a little bit longer because I like them that much!

3 comments:

  1. You look very cute, even if a bit dusty ;) Oh no re: the shoes! I did almost the same thing with my Joe Fresh crops last year. I did the laundry in the navy crops and splashed a drop of bleach on them. I tried darkening the spot with a Sharpie but it washes out every time. Think I'll try a ball point and see if sticks better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pen idea! I'm going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful backdrop! The greeneries and yellow weeds complement the pink cardi.

    J.

    ReplyDelete