Thursday, June 16, 2011

Prom!

June 16, 2011

June 16, 2011

June 16, 2011

June 16, 2011

June 16, 2011


Dress: Bob Mackie from Winners
Purse: Danier Leather
Shoes: The Bay
Pearls: RDog

It's one of my favorite parts of being a high school teacher; prom! The kids are dressed up and looking spiffy. They are filled with so much excitement and hope for what is to come.

It's also an excuse for me and my good teacher friend, J, to dress up! I also sneak a few "raise the roof" moves in the corner. My dancing skills are pretty lame but I still like to boogie.

The best part of the night involved a student I taught in grade 8 and 9. In his grade 12 year, he is in my homeroom. We didn't think he was going to graduate but I was able to confirm this morning that he is. I couldn't hold in the good news when I saw. His reaction was priceless. He gave me a huge hug, told me he loved me (lol) and ran screaming across the parking lot to pick up his mom off the ground and twirl her around.

It was one of those moments I will file away to think of when times are tough and I forget why I entered this profession.

13 comments:

  1. Awww, congrats to him! I hope you had fun at prom. I find myself wishing for reasons to dress up too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous dress - you look gorgeous!

    Great story...I imagine that was one of the moments that makes everything worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great moment! I'm a 4th grade teacher and sometimes those 'Hallmark Moments' are what get me through the days :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice dress...it would be tough for me to go to other peoples' prom EVERY YEAR and come up with an oufit, but that looks dressy, not too-dressy, sophisticated and springy because of the light colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haley, my teacher friend and I want to start having an adult prom. A night where we all dress up and boogie the night away. Why isn't there proms for grown ups? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. C, I have a lot of dresses so I don't think it will be a problem, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dress! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is stunning !!!!! Love the colors !

    By the way I'm your scarf swap partner ! I'll send you an email tomorrow so we can arrange everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet you were better dressed than the kids! You look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marie-Eve, it's great to have discovered another Canadian blogger!

    H&H, the kids had on beautiful dresses. Some were fancier than my wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog! I love how simple your photography is, yet still engaging and interesting. I love the routine of your pictures being almost always in the same place. It's like going back to a good book to read it again because you know what to expect, yet discovering new things that hadn't struck you when you read it before! Your style is WEARABLE, real, and achievable!! I'm inspired when I come here! Just wanted to let you know!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kristy, thank you so much for the sweet compliments!
    I will pass on the photo comments to RDog. He has really learned a lot about photography in the past few months!

    ReplyDelete