Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What I Wore Yesterday

June 21, 2011

June 21, 2011

June 21, 2011

June 21, 2011

Sweater: J Crew
Tank: J crew
Skirt: Banana Republic
Shoes: Naturalizer

One of the advantages of the end of the teaching year is that the day starts later. I've been enjoying my extra few minutes of sleep time. I usually get my clothes ready the night before but have been procrastinating lately (because I think I have loads of time in the morning) which has resulted in me running around 5 minutes before I am suppose to leave for work screaming, "I have nothing to wear."

Yesterday was such a morning. I grabbed this Banana Republic skirt because it was expensive and I rarely wear it. Looking at the pictures, I realize why. The oval seam at the top of the skirt is highlighting an area I usually like to downplay. Hence, I spent the day slightly uncomfortable.

I've not given up on the skirt. I'll try to find a solution to cover the seams because the darn skirt cost so much and I want to get some use out of it!


9 comments:

  1. It is a long weekend here, but school is still going on...
    It IS a nice skirt... I am not a fashion pro andoften would need advice myself... Have you already tried to pair it with a bright color top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweater! I think the skirt looks fine but if it really bothers you, you might want to just sell/consign/donate it. Life is too short for clothes we don't love.

    I have kept way too many things that look awful on me because they were expensive. I am slowly trying to just let them go so I can achieve my dream of a wardrobe full of things that I like that look good.

    It's a work in progress :)


    Mo / stufffast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar skirt from BR and I don't like that oval seam at the waist either, but I like the rest of the skirt! I wonder if a really large belt would do the trick. I do think the bright top focuses the eyes away from the seam. Hope the end of the year is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, a bright shirt is a great idea.

    Good point Matilda. I'll give it one more try and let it go if it's still not right.

    Apples and Pencil Skirts, a belt sounds like a great idea! The end of year is going ok. Prom and grad were awesome but I wasn't too pleased when I found out my teaching assignment for next year. :-( I'm going to try to not think about it until August. I need a month off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "gets" ? ha ha.
    lately I have not been taking out my clothes the night before AND I have been oversleeping, so I will not recount for you what morning is like here....panic.

    The oval seem LOOKS fine in the pictures...it does not make you look fat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. C, typo has been fixed :P
    I am just a pretend English teacher. I teach it but I don't have an English degree. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look lovely in coral- what a cute sweater. I am now an avid follower and appreciate the blog love. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ack... I wrote "seem" not "seam," so I am just as bad. Maybe worse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What about wearing a longer shirt (for example, a button down that hits at your waist and belting it) over the shirt.. you can also do the same thing with a slightly longer sweater that hits at your hip. Nothing longer than the crotch area....I have spent numerous hours trying to solve these little fashion annoyances.

    ReplyDelete