Friday, March 27, 2009

Back to the fashion

I had a few J Crew packages arrive this week but haven't really felt like trying on my new items until today. This week's packages were delivered through Canada Post instead of my usual UPS. I will be sticking to Canada Post from now on. The packages were actually sent through Express Post so they took about a week to arrive, the same as my UPS packages. The best part was that Canada Post didn't charge me any duty. Goodbye crazy UPS brokerage fees.

The first item was my favorite Merino Lea Cardigan in desert brown. Although I love the Lea Cardigan, I'm having a hard time deciding what to pair under this cardi. The brown is such a faded, muted brown, nothing seems to look right with it. Tonight I paired the cardi with dark jeans and a bright pink tank. It was ok, but not awesome. Any suggestions on colors to pair with desert brown?

My next item was the Pique Hoodie in poppy. This will be great popped over a tank for running around the house. It is also super comfy.

My Marcela Blouse in nantucket fog was next in the box. I was a bit disappointed in this one. Even though I sized down, this blouse is still a bit too loose.

I was also disappointed in the Grosgrain-bow city tee cardigan in champagne. I guess I didn't read the product descroption very well because I wasn't expecting the thin material. I'm also stuck on what to pair with this cardi. I need some color as the champagne tends to wash me out.

The disappointing trend continued with my Cotton Taffeta Nicky Skirt in bright fuschia. For some reason, I ordered this is my normal size, 8, instead of my usual J Crew size of 6. It's way too big for me and just packs on the pounds to my chunky thighs.

I also got a couple of Solid Washed Favorite Tanks (in citrus lime and bright rhubarb). These are great little tanks, great for layering now and for casual summer wear later.


I have a couple more orders coming on Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully I will have better luck with those items.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Marcela blouse, so sorry it didn't work for you. Not sure what else to do color-wise with the desert brown - to me, that would be an excellent question for FabulousFloridaMommy. I like the idea of it with any shade of pink, or pewter, or putty, or red, or white.

    Can't wait to see your other orders!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Favorite Tanks from J.Crew. They are definitely a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete