Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Playing with Polyvore

Yesterday, I had good intentions of playing Polyvore and making some outfits with some of my recent acquisitions. Unfortunately, Mother Nature dumped 32 cm of snow on us and we were without power for 9 hours! I had a hard time existing without my internet. Without the internet, I was forced to try on my outfits to see if they looked well together. It was while digging through my closet, that I made the happy discovery that I have lost weight. My skinny pants fit! I also tried on some dresses that I do not normally wear due to the revealing nature of the cut. But, using my new-found layering skills, I was able to match a few dresses up with other pieces that make a wearable outfit!

Here are some of the outfits I came up with.
Neutral Tuesday
Neutral Tuesday - by KDot on Polyvore.com
Reitman's gray pinstripe pants (my skinny pants)
Unlisted brown tank (from Costco - not as pictured but close)
J Crew Grosgrain Bow Cardigan
Long pink pearls that I doubled around my neck.
Gold and pearl bracelet that I picked up at flea market.

I wore this today and had originally planned to match it with my Pearl Cluster Bracelet from Forever 21. But when I went to put it on, the clasp broke. I have never worn the bracelet before. Good thing that I have some jewelry making tools and can fix it.

Next up is the outfit that I plan on wearing tomorrow as it is suppose to be warm and sunny (Wacky Maritime weather again. Warm, snow, warm; the weather is always changing.)
Untitled
Untitled - by KDot on Polyvore.com
The dress is a burgundy sheath dress from Martin and Osa. This was the closest picture I could find. I'm pairing it with my new Merino Lea Cardigan in black, black tights, my black Joe Fresh ribbon necklace, and if my feet can handle, my tall "bitch" heels. They are the tallest heels I own. I may have to take a lower pair with me in case my feet give out mid-day.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for fitting skinny pants. I still have 5 lbs to go for mine. Nice layering. I like to mix cheapy basics (Joe Fresh and costco tees and tanks)with better stuff. Had 10" of snow since yesterday...booo... I'm wanting spring.

    ReplyDelete