Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lessons learned from the Bay of Fundy

Yesterday was a holiday so RDog had the day off. I'm not sure why it is is a holiday. I've always felt that it is because people want to have a long weekend in August. Anyways, I'm not complaining. We set off on a long country drive and ended up on this beach along the Bay of Fundy. We were so far in the country, there wasn't even a Tim Hortons. Gasp! Faced with all that nature, we decided to go for a walk on the beach.

RDog, being the delicate city creature that he is, walked to the end of the wooden boardwalk and declared, "that's enough for me." Me, being the adventurous small-town girl that I am, spied a bend in the rocks ahead and wanted to go exploring.

My goal: the clump of rocks to the right.
Plotting a course through the rocks and mud. RDog hooked up the camera's super lens as my pile of rocks and the bend in the water were farther away than I thought.
The little red dot is me. I made it eventually. I discovered a few things from this walk.

1. Bay of Fundy beaches are muddy, but yet rocky.

2. Do not wear shoes you like while walking on a muddy, rocky beach.

3. Walking on rocks while bare foot hurts.

4. Walking on mud while bare foot is gross.

5. Around the bend was the prettiest red wooden covered bridge.

It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment