Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snowball time



I've been enjoying trying out and eating the recipes DaniBP has been posting so I though I'd share one of my Christmas favorites - Snowballs.

Ingredients
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
1 1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 cup unsweetened fine coconut
3 cups rolled oats
7 tbsp. cocoa

In a saucepan combine and boil together over medium heat for five minutes: sugar, butter and milk. Once the mixture begins to boil, do not stir. While mixture is boiling, mix together rolled oats, coconut and cocoa.

Add the boiled mixture to dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Chill until mixture is able to be shaped into balls. When chilled, roll balls into coconut.

Makes about 4 dozen.
Freezes well.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. OMGoodness! This is a recipe, very particular to Eastern Canada, (in my experience) that I've been DYING to make for my children (and sweet-tooth husband). Thank you so much! I'll make it tomorrow and let you know how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, I'd glad to be of help. I think it comes from Newfoundland. Well, it was passed to me from a Newfie.

    ReplyDelete