Monday, December 21, 2009

Well, that didn't last

I vowed a couple of weeks ago to cut back on the online shopping. It's easy to abstain from J Crew. I just think of the sickening duty bill on my last order a couple of months ago ($50 duty on a $120 order!) It's much harder to stop ordering from Martin and Osa. I gave in this morning because the prices on many of their coats dropped and there is an extra 25% off with code 51352789.

I ordered the Leather Motorcycle Jacket in Portbello Brown. RDog has the men's version. We'll be all matchy-pooey.


Puffer Jacket. This will be good for building snowmen on snow days.


Wool Trench Coat. I'm hoping this will become my new everyday winter coat. My current coat is a few years old and is getting a bit pilly. It's time for an upgrade.


Uggg, I have no self-control at all when it comes to sales.

My posts will not be regular this week as I am heading out the door. Everyday for the next week involves travel. It's the yucky part of my Christmas vacation. I like to visit my family, but everyone lives in different towns. Lots of driving is in my forecast.

9 comments:

  1. Um, 50 dollars on 120 dollars? Yowza. You are certainly a committed J. Crew fan...even I would have to give it up if taxes were that high (or troll on ebay for good, fair deals).

    I love that motorcycle jacket. Very edgy and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the M&O picks. Great choices, and yes, it is hard to resist a sale.
    I am wishing you safety on your travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely hate duties, which is one of the reasons I never order from J.Crew.

    Great coat haul! I really love the motorcycle jacket. The puffer coat is tempting me... I could use a new snow day coat. I'm hoping it'll still be available after Christmas so I can spend some of my present money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no that is outrageous what customs charges! But I looove your picks here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're to thank for my great Martin and Osa deals... the last time you posted about a great deal, i got a 100 dollar dress for 24. And now I got a peacoat for 73 (with shipping!) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dina, when I order J Crew, I do in hopes that the postman will not catch the duty. I don't get charged it very often, but when I do, it sucks!

    Thanks Dani! traveling has been good so far - lots of rain and mild temperatures makes it easier although it will be a green Christmas out east this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jinah, I learned my lesson with that one. Now when I order, I keep it small. Customs does not usually bother with snmall orders under $50.

    Overcaffeniated, I will try to post a review of the coats when I get them next week. The puffer coat is a great price - only $51. My current snow day coat is from American Eagle circa 2002! Time for an upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cate, I'm so glad you are getting some good deals. I love to share my finds. I almost bought that pea coat too but three coats is enough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true ... online shopping is hard to give up ... especially when you blog about it!

    ReplyDelete