Monday, February 9, 2009

J Crew Treasures

My last J Crew order from my J Crew January shop-a-thon arrived today. I was expecting lots of treasures but instead found a few duds.

Perfect-fit short-sleeve crewneck tee in champagne. This tee is not as soft as my other J Crew t-shirts and is a bit snug. But it will be a good layering piece and it was only at $4.89.
Wool jersey satin trim tank in navy. This tank is awful. It is one of the most poorly fitting garments I have ever seen. It is like a rectangle of fabric sloppily sewn into a shirt and it looks like a tent on me.

Ruffle-collar piqué henley in lemon twist. This golf shirt is cute, although a bit bright. It will be great for summer paired with my white J Crew shorts that I received a few weeks ago.

Merino ruffle-neck cardigan in cornsilk. I'm having troubles with J Crew's yellows. My last order had a Quinn cami in buttercup, which online looked like a soft yellow. In person, it turned out to be baby puke yellow/green. The Merino ruffle-neck cardigan in cornsilk online looked like a bright yellow. In person, it is out orangish. I still like the cardi just for the amazing fit and quality. In fact, I plan on wearing it tomorrow. I need something to brighten up these cold February days. I was also disppointed by the fact that one button was broken in half and no replacement buttons were included. I wonder if I call CS, if J Crew would send me a replacement button. This half a button is really going to annoy me.

Soft rib long-sleeve scoopneck tee in golden yellow. This tee is a hit; it is soft and fits well. The only drawback is that it is too low of a scoopneck to wear as a layering piece to school. I don't like to wear anything too lowcut as I teach 14 year old boys. The hormones are sometimes raging in my classroom.


Wide hand-painted enamel zebra bangle in deep yellow. I stumbled upon this gem accidently. It was not listed in the main sale selection but in a sidebar on an indivual item's listing. I'm so glad I snatched it up as it is beautiful. And unlike my cerise 1" enamel bangle that I received last week, this bangle has a clasp. I can open it up to put it on and not have to shove it on my hand, feeling like my bones will break.

All in all, I was kinda bummed about this order. I think that is it for me and J Crew for awhile. Unless there is another promotion and the Merino Lea cardigan comes back in stock in black or navy. I have defintely decided not to order any more J Crew tanks. The fit is just too weird for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment