Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My last J Crew order

My last J Crew order arrived today. I say it is my last because they have raised their taxes for Canadians so much, I don't think I can stomach ordering any more. Today, intrigued by the extra 20% off promotion, I started placing an order. But when I saw the taxes were going to be $48, I quickly closed the browser. I just can't do it. However, on a brighter note, I loved everything I received today.

Merino trois-rosette tank. I have this already in putty but ordered it in black and gray. These shirts are great for layering over blouses, under cardigans and just for wearing by itself. Today when playing around with my new clothes, I tried the black tank over a crisp white shirt and it looked sharp. I also tried the gray with a pair of white J Crew shorts. That look was cute too and will be added to my suitcase for next week's vacation. I bought fray check from Michaels and plan to apply it to the flowers as they do fray quite a bit.

Merino Lea Cardigan in navy. I have a love affair with this cardigan. I also have it in melon and adore it. I wish I could have gotten it in more colors like black and gray. I love how the buttons on the navy cardigan are slightly different than the melon version. In melon, the buttons are silver and sparkly. In navy, the buttons are gold with blue accents. In my opinion, the unique buttons make this cardigan.

Ringspun boatneck painter tee in kelly green. I have this shirt in another color as well; bright fushia. It's a great layering piece. In fact, I plan on wearing it to work on casual Friday paired with jeans and my new navy cardigan.

Perfect-fit flower tank in bright poppy and golden avocado. I love the flower detail on these tanks but I think they will fray. I will treat them with fray check before wearing. But, other than that concern, I love them. They are on the way to my suitcase for next week.

Sunwashed cotton swing skirt in soft graphite. I wish I had sized down to a small in this skirt. It's a bit too loose and long. However, I think I can still pull it off and it will be comfy on hot summer days (if they ever come).

Small Amagansett tote in tropical. This is a brightly striped cotton tote that will be perfect for lugging sun screen and books to the beach next week. Can you tell that I am excited about our trip?

And finally, my last item was the solid Kelly shirt in fresh guava. I'm glad I got a piece in this color. It is bright and "springy". I think I can wear it in many different ways. If I have a chance tonight, I will play around with some of my new treasures in Polyvore.

No comments:

Post a Comment